I have been so busy over the past weekend that I have not been able to come up with any wonderful new things for you, so today you learn a little about me!
* Impatiently waiting for Fall. I love all things about Fall from football to Sam Adams Octoberfest. I love the beauty of the leaves changing and the cooler air. It makes me energized and my heart happy!
* Jonesin' to go camping. Now if you would have known me anytime before last year you would have never ever heard those words come out of my mouth. Last year was the first time we went camping as a family with some friends at a place with power! I am not a true camper. I need a little power and some water and a bath house. I will stay in a tent and do all the camping things, but I do not, repeat DO NOT camp without these things. Ha!
* Exercising like a mad woman. I joined the #NOEXCUSES1500 challenge with Pink Heels Pink Truck for this month. It is a #1500in31 challenge meaning I have to exercise for 1500 minutes in the 31 days of August. I am currently up to 170 as of this a.m. I will be running for 60 min tonight! It is a lot and a bit overwhelming, but if I can even get close I will be happy!
* Eating clean. Can I please just jump on a soapbox for a minute and say that when you eat clean you definitely feel better. I have been eating clean for almost three weeks now. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes splurge. When I eat clean I feel great and when I splurge I ask myself WHY?!?!? I feel like crap afterward. It is really worth it people!!! Cut the crap!! You will love yourself for it.
* Ready for Back To School. Have I mentioned this is my favorite time of the year? I have always loved the back to school buzz. It is like a Happy New Year in the middle of the year. A clean slate and a new start. I live vicariously through my children. Little Man will be a...SECOND GRADER!!! I am still in shock. And Miss Priss will be in Pre-K. We will be starting to get back in the daily routine next week to prepare with bed times, chores, and preparing for the day ahead. I love order and having a schedule so I am in heaven.
Be sure to check back in. I will have some fun Back to School things posted for you in the next few weeks.
* Proud of my Lil Man. He had his fall baseball draft last night, which I missed because I was running my tail off on the elliptical. The Hubs said he did great! He hit five of the seven pitches thrown to him and also did great in the field. This is awesome because in Spring ball he could barely ever hit the ball. A coach actually went up to him during the hitting portion of the draft and asked his number!! Go Little Man!!! We are on the Detroit Tigers team and start the madness of 3 per week practice on Thursday. I am ready to break out my new Team Mom Bags!
What are you currently doing? Anyone as ready for Fall as I am? I just can't wait!!
Welcome to my sweet southern life! I'm a true southern girl, born and raised in the North Carolina mountains. I am the mother of one kind hearted little boy and one spunky little girl, two fur babies and a fish named Frosty. I am the wife of a wonderful man who has been the love of my life since I was eighteen. I have a passion for all things yummy, pretty, thrifty, clean, fun, crafty and organized. Pour yourself a glass of whatever may “tickle your fancy”, make yourself comfy and stick around for a while!