I have always loved a good gyro. It doesn't matter what kind of meat it has in it I love them all. My favorite is the lamb, but for today I will show you how I made my own chicken gyro and tztaziki sauce. I think the sauce is my favorite part!
What You Need:
- 2-3 small chicken breasts
- Pita bread
- Lettuce, Tomato & Onion (optional)
- 1 8oz container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What You Do:
- To make the Tzatziki sauce, combine the yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill and garlic in a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Transfer into another dish, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.
- Once the sauce has chilled, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook until no longer pink.
- Slice the chicken into long strips.
- Slightly warm the pita bread in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to make it soft.
- Assemble your gyro sandwich and top with the fresh tzatziki sauce.
- Serve with rosemary roasted red potatoes and Enjoy!