One of my most favorite desserts of all time is an extremely simple and delicious one...Cherry Dumpcake. It was introduced to me by my Mother in Law about ten years ago and I have been in love with it ever since. It makes a great pot luck dessert and feeds tons of people. It will be great for a Father's Day dinner or just a cookout in the back yard this summer.
What You Need:
- One 20oz can of Cherry Pie Filling (this can be substituted for any fruit pie filling)
- One 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- A box of yellow or white cake mix
- Two sticks of butter
- Two cups of pecan chips
- Vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dump the crushed pineapple (with juice) into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Next dump the cherry pie filling into the dish and mix well.
- Smooth the first two ingredients into the pan and dump the cake mix evenly on top of them.
- Next dump the pecan chips evenly on top of the fruit and cake layers.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in the microwave and then pour them evenly over the entire cake, making sure to cover the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cake mix is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!