- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour + 2 Tablespoons flour (save for use in crust)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar + 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar (save for dusting)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an electric mixer beat together the butter, 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of confectioners' sugar until completely blended in to a creamy mixture.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture into the 9 x 13 pan evenly covering the bottom. Bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, 2 tbsp flour, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust and put into oven again at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, until set. (The mixture will no longer be jiggly)
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Use a wire strainer to sift the remaining 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar over the entire thing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
These are super delicious and perfect for Summer cookouts or a Mother's Day dessert!
Try these little babies out! They are easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Do you have a favorite lemon square recipe?