Keeping with the American patriotic theme this week, I thought I would share one of my favorite Crockpot Recipes with you. It is an All American favorite and sure to be a hit out of the park! My Ball Field Crockpot BBQ is deliciously simple and great for busy baseball nights!!
What You Need:
- pork butt (Determine the size based on your family's appetite. I usually use 3lbs and have plenty left over.)
- 1/2 12oz can of Coca-Cola Classic
- seasoning salt
- Sweet Baby Ray's Cola BBQ sauce (or your favorite brand, this is mine)
- stadium style burger buns
- Sargento Ultra Thin cheddar slices
What You Do:
- With a sharp knife, shave off most of the fat from the bottom of the pork butt. You will want to leave a little for flavor, but not much.
- Rub the entire pork butt with the seasoning salt until coated.
- Place the pork butt into your crockpot.
- Pour 1/2 of the Coca-Cola can over the meat. I usually enjoy the other half. ;)
- With a basting brush, liberally coat the entire pork butt with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. (I usually just worry about the top and visible sides for now and add a little more later.)
- Place your crockpot on low for eight hours and let that baby cook!
- After the eight hours, unseal your crockpot and remove all but 1/4 cup of the liquid inside. Also, remove the bone if your pork butt has one.
- Shred the pork with two forks. This should be fairly easy as it should be falling apart at this point!
- Add a little more BBQ sauce and let the pork sit on warm for 15 minutes (or the time it takes to make your side dishes) allowing it to soak up the remaining juices.
- Pile the BBQ high on a stadium style hamburger bun and top with Sargento Ultra Thin cheddar cheese.
I ended up wrapping these babies up in parchment and taking them to the ball field for dinner while Little Man had practice. I packed some individual bags of chips and drinks and we are on our way! Scrumptious, homemade dinner on the go!
This is also a great way to enjoy BBQ when you don't have time to stand over a smoker all day, but still want to enjoy some yummy pork! I know you will enjoy this one. Try it out and let me know what you think!