- 2-3 frozen chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used bullion cubes and water to save on broth. Follow recipe on bullion package to make broth)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram or basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped (I used a couple of handfuls of baby carrots and chopped them up)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 ounces of no-yolk egg noodles (I actually found mine at the dollar store)
This is my favorite part...super duper easy...get ready for it...
- Place everything but the egg noodles into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, pull chicken breasts and bay leaf out of the crock pot. Discard bay leaf. Shred chicken in another bowl.
- Add egg noodles into crock pot and cook for another 1/2 hour on high
- Add shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Serve and be proud of your self that you didn't just pop open another can of Campbell's!
I am sure you could also make this without the noodles and freeze it, then when ready to use pop it in the crock pot and thaw then cook the noodles for a half hour. I will have to try that some time!
Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe? Do you think this is something you would like to try?
Source: About.com Southern Food